2019 American drama movie
Undertake a Freeway is a 2019 American drama movie written and directed by Logan Marshall-Inexperienced in his directorial debut. It stars Ethan Hawke, Elaine Hendrix, Diane Gaeta, Betty Gabriel, Mo McRae, Chris Sullivan, Nate Mooney, Christopher Heyerdahl, Loni Love and Anne-Marie Johnson.Jason Blum produced the movie, by means of his Blumhouse Productions studio and Adam Hendricks and Greg Gilreath produced the movie by means of their Divide/Conquer studio.
It had its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 10, 2019. The movie was launched on November 1, 2019, by RLJE Movies.
Having spent the final 21 years in a Californian jail for possession of marijuana, a middle-aged man should discover his approach in a world that has modified utterly since he was incarcerated within the 1990s. Discovering an deserted child in a dumpster units off a sequence of occasions, sending him on a journey again to his childhood residence and much past.
The movie had its premiere at SXSW on March 10, 2019. Shortly after, RLJE Movies acquired distribution rights to the movie, and launched it on November 1, 2019.
As of October 2020[update], 69% of the 32 critiques compiled by Rotten Tomatoes are optimistic, with a weighted common of 6.49/10. The positioning’s vital consensus states, “Undertake a Freeway might need executed extra to fill in its sparsely sketched story, however Ethan Hawke’s efficiency is commonly sufficient to fill within the blanks.” On Metacritic, the movie holds a ranking of 53 out of 100, primarily based on 11 critics, indicating “combined or common critiques”.
- Radish, Christina (November 6, 2019). “Logan Marshall-Inexperienced on Making His Characteristic Directorial Debut with ‘Adpot a Freeway‘“. Collider. Retrieved October 28, 2020.
- Puchko, Kristy (January 17, 2019). “Meet Get Out’s Betty Gabriel, the fabulous queen of Blumhouse horror”. SyfyWire. Syfy.
- Kilday, Gregg (January 16, 2019). “SXSW: Olivia Wilde, Seth Rogen, Charlize Theron and Matthew McConaughey to Premiere New Work”. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Goldberg, Matt (January 15, 2018). “SXSW 2019 Lineup to Embody ‘The Seaside Bum’, ‘Good Boys’, and Extra”. Collider. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Wiseman, Andreas (October 16, 2019). “RLJE Movies Acquires Blumhouse Drama ‘Undertake A Freeway’ Starring Ethan Hawke”. Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- “Undertake a Freeway (2019)”. Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 28, 2020.
- “Undertake a Freeway”. Metacritic. Retrieved December 2, 2019.