COLD SCORE CREAM
This medication is accessible with out prescription, nonetheless, you continue to want to make use of Blistex Chilly Sore Cream fastidiously to get the very best outcomes from it.
- Hold this leaflet. You might must learn it once more.
- Ask your physician or pharmacist for those who want extra data or recommendation.
- You need to cease utilizing the cream and make contact with a physician in case your signs worsen or don’t enhance after 10 days.
- If any of the unintended effects get critical, or for those who discover any unintended effects not listed on this leaflet, please inform your physician or pharmacist.
1. What Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is and what it’s used for
2. Earlier than you utilize Blistex Chilly Sore Cream
3. use Blistex Chilly Sore Cream
4. Doable unintended effects
5. retailer Blistex Chilly Sore Cream
6. Additional data
Docosanol is an antiviral agent. Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is a white cream used for the remedy of early levels of recurrent labial herpes simplex an infection (chilly sores) in adults and adolescents (over 12 years outdated).
To be efficient, remedy with Blistex Chilly Sore Cream should begin within the early levels of a chilly sore earlier than the blisters seem. Begin utilizing Blistex Chilly Sore Cream as quickly as you get any of the signs of a chilly sore reminiscent of redness, itching, ache, tingling or prickling. Proceed utilizing till the chilly sore is healed, normally 4-6 days.
The reason for chilly sores is a herpes simplex virus an infection. The an infection could get away when the immune system is weakened, throughout stress or throughout a menstrual interval. The virus causes blisters or sores, primarily on the lips.
- If you’re allergic (hypersensitive) to docosanol or any of the opposite components within the cream listed on the finish of this leaflet (see part 6).
- Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is meant for cutaneous use solely. Keep away from getting the cream in or near your eyes as this will likely trigger irritation. If you happen to unintentionally get cream in your eyes rinse them totally with loads of water.
- Don’t use this product when you have been instructed you’re immunocompromised (in case your immune system’s capacity to struggle infectious illnesses is thought to be lowered, e.g. by a critical sickness reminiscent of leukaemia or AIDS or if you might have had an organ transplant). If you’re immunocompromised and also you develop a chilly sore seek the advice of your physician instantly.
- Don’t apply the cream if the chilly sore has already shaped a blister or ulcer like look.
- Youngsters beneath 12 years mustn’t use Blistex Chilly Sore Cream.
It’s unlikely that Blistex Chilly Sore Cream impacts, or is affected by, different medicines since Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is meant for cutaneous use solely, nonetheless don’t apply different chilly sore medicines while utilizing Blistex Chilly Sore Cream.
Ask your physician or pharmacist when you have any questions concerning how Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is affected by, or impacts, different medicines.
Please inform your physician if you’re taking, or have just lately taken, some other medicines, together with medicines obtained with out a prescription.
Blistex Chilly Sore Cream can be utilized throughout being pregnant and breast-feeding.
Blistex Chilly Sore Cream has no impact on driving or utilizing machines.
Blistex Chilly Sore Cream incorporates propylene glycol which might trigger pores and skin irritation.
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years: Begin remedy as quickly as you discover the primary signs or indicators of a chilly sore, as an illustration itching, stinging, burning or prickling within the affected space.
- Wash your palms totally earlier than and after remedy to keep away from spreading the an infection.
- Apply a skinny movie fastidiously over the complete chilly sore 5 instances a day. (Roughly each Three hours throughout waking hours.)
- Use a fingertip or, ideally, a cotton bud and keep away from touching the top of the tube after you may have touched the chilly sore.
- Proceed remedy till therapeutic is full, normally between 4-6 days.
- If you happen to discover no distinction after 10 days it is best to cease the remedy and make contact with your physician.
- Keep in mind that Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is your medication. If you happen to lend the tube to anybody you danger spreading the an infection to others.
No major problem ought to come up when you have used a considerable amount of the cream in your pores and skin. No particular remedy is important.
If you happen to overlook to make use of Blistex Chilly Sore Cream, use it as quickly as you keep in mind.
When you have any additional questions on the usage of this product, ask your pharmacist.
Like all medicines, Blistex Chilly Sore Cream could cause unintended effects, though not all people will get them.
For the frequency of prevalence of unintended effects, the next phrases are used: quite common (greater than 1 in 10 customers), widespread (between 1 in 100 customers and 1 in
10 customers), unusual (between 1 in 1000 customers and 1 in 100 customers), uncommon (between 1 in 10000 customers and 1 in 1000 customers, very uncommon (in lower than 1 in 10000 customers).
Nervous system issues:
Quite common: headache.
Pores and skin issues:
Frequent: pores and skin issues together with dry pores and skin, pores and skin rashes and facial swelling occurring the place the cream has been utilized.
If a extra extreme pores and skin response happens it is best to stop remedy, and if the issue doesn’t disappear it is best to contact your physician.
If any of the unintended effects get critical, or for those who discover any unintended effects not listed on this leaflet, please inform your physician or pharmacist.
Hold out of the attain and sight of kids.
Don’t use Blistex Chilly Sore Cream after the expiry date which is acknowledged on the carton as “Expiry date month/12 months”. The expiry date refers back to the final day of that month.
The cream is secure for six months after first opening the tube.
Don’t retailer above 25°C.
Medicines shouldn’t be disposed of through wastewater or family waste. Ask your pharmacist how one can get rid of medicines now not required. These measures will assist to guard the surroundings.
The lively substance is docosanol.
One gram of cream incorporates 100mg docosanol.
The opposite components are sucrose stearates, gentle mineral oil, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol and purified water.
Blistex Chilly Sore Cream is a white cream.
It’s obtainable in pack dimension of 2g.
Fleet Laboratories Restricted
94 Rickmansworth Street
This leaflet was final accredited in January 2012.
© 2012 Blistex Ltd.