For Spring 2017, Chanel launched the Rouge Coco Glosses ($30 for 0.19 oz.), a everlasting line of lipglosses meant to switch the outdated Glossimer components and to enhance the everlasting Rouge Coco line. I’ve acquired all of them swatched and reviewed – it’s secure to say I really like em! From color choice to components to applicator, I believe these are positively an enchancment over the outdated Glossimer components, which I preferred however didn’t particularly love. Maintain studying for extra photographs and plenty of swatches!
The brand new Rouge Coco Gloss components is alleged to be “non-sticky, ultra-light…enriched with Coconut Oil, Peptides and Vitamin E, together with an unique Hydraboost Complicated, to supply hours of consolation and moisture.” Whereas I wouldn’t say that these noticeably plump lips greater than different lip glosses, I’d positively say that these are very moisturizing in comparison with most different lipglosses. The feel is extraordinarily clean, plush and silky in comparison with the outdated Glossimer components and completely nonsticky feeling, though they do adhere properly to the lips. I’m in love with the best way they really feel, and the truth that they’re hydrating is such an enormous added bonus for me.
When it comes to the feel, I’d say these have a really related really feel to the Dior Extremely Glosses (see swatches right here and right here)
The Rouge Coco Glosses additionally characteristic a re-designed applicator, which is wider than regular doe-foot applicators and which softly flares out on the finish to a bulbous tip. I really like this new applicator, as I really feel it holds product higher and likewise permits you to extra simply and rapidly unfold product over the lips.
As for lasting energy, these final wherever between 2-Four hours relying on the color. The extra opaque glosses have a tendency to hold on for Four hours, particularly those with extra vibrant color. The sheer and light-weight glosses are likely to disappear the earliest, if not from carrying off simply from absorption into the lips and problem in distinguishing mild colors on the lips thereafter. General, I desire the glosses which have watery-translucent jelly finishes, in addition to those which might be extra pigmented however nonetheless a touch of sheerness that offers a softness to the color and permits a bit of little bit of my lips to peek by way of. For me, these are an enormous thumbs up general!
Now onto the swatches…
The primary group of swatches are the cool mauves, cool pinks and nudes.
- 726 Icing: sheer milky pale pink
- 119 Bourgeoisie: semi-opaque mauve rose with silver + pink sparkle (much like Wild Rose)
- 764 Confusion: sheer, watery, translucent berry jelly
- 728 Rose Pulpe: sheer, tender bubblegum pink with multicolour, blue + purple iridescent sparkle
- 172 Tendresse: semi-sheer, medium pink with shimmer
- 738 Amuse Bouche: mostly-opaque, vibrant, scorching pink with superfine shimmer
- 722 Noce Moscata: semi-sheer, pinkish, mauve nude with pearl shimmer
- 716 Caramel: opaque, mauve, rosewood cream with superfine pearl
- 714 Caresse: opaque, caramel-beige nude cream
- 738 Amuse Bouche
- 716 Caramel
- 714 Caresse
- 119 Bourgeoisie
- 172 Tendresse
- 722 Noce Moscata
- 726 Icing
- 764 Confusion
- 728 Rose Pulpe
My favourites are: 119 Bourgeoisie, 764 Confusion and 172 Tendresse.
The second group of swatches are the corals, oranges and vibrant reds…
- 744 Subtil: semi-opaque, pinky coral with gold pearl
- 166 Bodily: semi-opaque, medium coral peach with effective gold + yellow sparkle
- 736 Douceur: sheer, milky translucent, peach-coral jelly
- 748 Nectar: semi-opaque, watery translucent, coral jelly (much like Fleur d’Eau)
- 742 Fragola: sheer, watery translucent, strawberry jelly
- 106 Amarena: sheer, strawberry jam loaded with multicolour sparkle
- 762 Heartbeat: semi-opaque, strawberry pink-red
- 752 Bitter Orange: opaque orange-red with gold shimmer
- 756 Chilli: opaque, cool, cherry purple with superfine gold shimmer
- 752 Bitter Orange
- 756 Chilli
- 744 Subtil
- 748 Nectar
- 768 Heartbeat
- 166 Bodily
- 736 Douceur
- 742 Fragola
- 106 Amarena
My favourites are: 748 Nectar, 742 Fragola, 106 Amarena, 762 Heartbeat, 752 Bitter Orange. That is in all probability my favorite color grouping typically…which I’m certain ain’t gonna come as a shock to long-time readers 😉
The third group of swatches are golds, rusty coppery reds and vampy darks.
- 774 Excitation: sheer, sunny, yellow gold with shimmer (1/3 “remodeling” shades to be used over Rouge Coco lipsticks)
- 712 Melted Honey: sheer, tender, heat gold with multicolour silver, gold, inexperienced + pink shimmer
- 776 Impulsion: sheer, tangerine orange with effective gold shimmer (2/3 “remodeling” shades)
- 724 Burnt Sugar: semi-sheer, rusty, coppery purple
- 754 Opulence: semi-opaque, cranberry purple with gold and purple shimmer
- 772 Epique: largely opaque oxblood burgundy
- 766 Caractere: semi-sheer, translucent, berry-grape jelly
- 768 Decadent: semi-opaque, deep blackberry
- 778 Caviar: sheer, watery-translucent, gray jelly (3/3 “remodeling” shades)
- 724 Burnt Sugar
- 754 Opulence
- 766 Caractere
- 774 Excitation
- 712 Melted Honey
- 776 Impulsion
- 724 Burnt Sugar
- 778 Caviar
My favourites are: 754 Opulence and 766 Caractere.
Have you ever tried the brand new Rouge Coco Glosses?
Do you may have any favourites?
Let me know within the feedback!
xx Georgia Grace