As we speak I’ve one other Colourpop vs. ___ comparability, this time swatching, reviewing, and evaluating the Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lips in Doozy, Social gathering Wave, Slide, and Zuma vs. Stila Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipsticks in Sheer Ballerina. These are each liquid lipsticks touting a sheerer/lighter protection end in distinction to the usually opaque end to liquid lipsticks.
From prime to backside: Colourpop Doozy, Social gathering Wave, Slide, Zuma, and Stila Sheer Ballerina
The Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lips got here out first, launching in 2016 whereas the Stila Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipstick launched in 2017. I can not consider any manufacturers doing a sheer liquid lipstick earlier than the Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lips, I really feel like they had been the primary (although be at liberty to right me if I am fallacious).
For those who’re questioning what the distinction between a liquid lipstick and a lip stain are, this is a fast comparability
- Lip Stain: Normally water-based, “staining” or coloring your lips, light-weight, translucent
- Liquid Lipstick: Normally hydrocarbon primarily based (like isododecane), provides a layer onto your lips as a substitute of coloring it, not supposed to stain your lips (although some can stain it one other colour as a result of pigments used)
I am not normally a fan of lip stains as a result of the water-based method might be drying and I do not like having to attempt to scrub off the stain on the finish of the day. I like the thought behind a sheer liquid lipstick, having the longevity with out it wanting so heavy like a typical liquid lipstick.
Click on via to learn my ideas on each formulation, see swatches, and which I want!
The Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lips are three grams/0.10 ouncesfor $6.00. You’ll be able to solely get this on Colourpop. The Stila Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipsticks are three mL/0.10 ouncesfor $22.00. You may get this at Stila and ULTA’s web sites.
Coloration Vary Comparability
There are eight colours within the Extremely Blotted Lips vary whereas there are six colours within the Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipstick vary.
Each lip merchandise are packaged in a transparent tube. Colourpop’s tube has silver accents and Stila’s has gold accents. I’ve observed that the holographic printing on the Colourpop tubes tend to put on/off flake away however every colour is labeled on the underside.
- A medium protection matte lipstick that creates a comfortable, subtle look. It’s fully transfer-proof and long-wearing but additionally light-weight and cozy. No cracking or flaking! Leaves lips clean and recent.
- Stila’s iconic Keep All Day® Liquid Lipstick goes sheer! It’s your naked necessity, NEW Keep All Day® Sheer Liquid Lipstick has the identical all day endurance as the unique, however now with softer, sheerer protection. Lips are tinted with a lightweight wash of colour for a pure, softer look. Lengthy-wear, sheer method stays put for as much as 12 hours. Received’t bleed or switch. Enriched with lip nourishing Vitamin E and Avocado Oil.
Colourpop’s Extremely Blotted Lips give that barely blotted impact to your lips, such as you took an everyday lipstick and used a tissue to diffuse the impact. The method is skinny and glides on nicely feeling comfy with a matte, barely powdery end. It is pretty transfer-proof for normal put on (excluding oily meals) and appears wonderful in the event you use your fingers to use it as a substitute of the doefoot applicator (additional enhancing the blotted impact). There isn’t any scent to the method.
Stila additionally describes the formulation as having a softer, sheerer protection. I solely have Sheer Ballerina so I am describing my expertise primarily based off that individual shade. I am not fairly as keen on this shade as a result of it is skinny however barely milky so I really feel like I’ve to be extra cautious making use of this to ensure it would not look patchy/uneven. This is not fairly as light-weight because the Extremely Blotted Lips, I do really feel it slightly extra and it is received a matte however not powdery end. There’s this candy/floral scent that I can scent for a couple of minutes after it is dried.
Good put on time for Extremely Blotted Lips is about 5-6 hours, afterwards I believe it is value eradicating and reapplying. I’ve tried making use of a second layer over the outdated lipstick however I believe it seems to be patchy. Good put on time for the Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipstick can also be about 5 hours however once more, it seems to be fairly milky.
Doozy is described as a “heat rose”. This has a touch of coral and is sort of a brilliant colour. It might work nicely for brightening up your face and when pairing with a extra impartial/delicate eye look.
Colourpop Social gathering Wave
(I took this swatch picture on a unique day than the others)
Social gathering Wave is described as a “comfortable terracotta”. This is likely one of the collaboration shades with Eva Gutowski. I believe this may be a lovely shade for summer time or the transition between spring and summer time. Further beachy-feeling!
Slide is described as a “cool-toned pink” A lighter pink that the remainder, I believe this would possibly look extra sheer in comparison with the others. Personally not my favourite but it surely may be in the event you like pinks like this.
Zuma is described as a “heat nude”. This was my favourite of the colours, it is one of many fashionable dusky brown nudes and is ideal for sporting to work since it is not too overwhelming.
Stila Sheer Ballerina
Sheer Ballerina is described as a “sheer comfortable gentle pink”. This explicit colour washes me out, which is type of unlucky.
- ISODODECANE, OCTYLDODECANOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), TOCOPHEROL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, TRIBEHENIN, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).
- ISODODECANE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYBUTENE, PETROLATUM, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, KAOLIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BEESWAX/CERA ALBA/CIRE D’ABEILLE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, FLAVOR/AROMA, GLYCERYL BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, TOCOPHEROL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BARIUM SULFATE, ROSIN/COLORPHONIUM/COLOPHANE, BENZYL ALCOHOL. (+/-) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090).
Others could disagree however I believe the scent of a product (particularly a lip product) could make it or break it and I actually do not just like the scent of the Stila Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipsticks. I a lot want the Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lips as a result of they’ve a terrific end, really feel comfy, and are very cheap with no scent. Stila’s Sheer Ballerina being type of milky signifies that it runs the danger of wanting patchy/uneven on the lips.
For those who’re considering of a sheer liquid lipstick, I’d advocate the Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lips over the Stila Keep All Day Sheer Lipsticks. The Extremely Blotted Lips really feel comfy and it is arduous to beat the worth, $6.00 vs. $22.00. You may get three of the Extremely Blotted Lips for lower than the worth of 1 Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipsticks.The Extremely Blotted Lips are a dupe for the Stila Keep All Day Sheer Liquid Lipsticks with a a lot superior method!
I hope you loved this comparability submit between the Colourpop Extremely Blotted Lip and the Stila Sheer Keep All Day Liquid Lipstick.
Do you want the thought of a sheer liquid lipstick?
Disclaimer: I bought each merchandise myself. I used to be not compensated/paid for this submit. This submit does comprise affiliate hyperlinks, which offer me with referral credit score in the event you use it in your buy. All opinions are my very own!