I’ve needed to attempt the Dose Of Colours matte liquid lipsticks for thus lengthy.
However because it’s an impartial model that produces merchandise in small portions, the colours I needed have been typically out of inventory. And likewise, I’ve to confess that I had just a few doubts about the merchandise’ high quality.
Make-up By Anna and Dose Of Colours
The model Dose Colours Of The model was created by a make-up artist, Anna (her artist identify: Make-up By Anna). I could not discover a particular yr of creation, but it surely’s a reasonably new model, I’d say 2 or three years outdated most.
Anna was finding out artwork and it impressed her imaginative and prescient of colours when she based her make-up model, Dose Of Colours.
The model is current, so there will not be a number of merchandise obtainable: lipstick, matte liquid lispticks (the bestsellers), lip glosses, faux eyelashes and highlighters.
However the model is planning to launch its first eyeshadows palette in 2016! So keep tuned!wink
Dose Of Colours, for me, is a typical Insta-brand, which you’ll see everywhere in the social media as a result of they inundate bloggers, instagramers and YouTubers with their merchandise.
Normally, after I see a product completely wherever, I are usually fairly uncertain about it. Product placement (or disguised adverts) within the movies and sponsored posts on Instagram is the unhappy actuality of issues in the mean time!
So if everybody loooooves a product, it’s onerous to suppose that folks weren’t paid to speak about it.
So sure, I used to be curious but in addition very suspicious!. And I heard a French YouTuber Beautiful Laety, converse concerning the model. It was sincere and unsponsored by Dose Of Colours. She appeared genuinely in love with the model and particularly the liquid lipsticks. There was that and in addition a cool little coupon code for Black Friday which actually helped me, to persuade myself, that I wanted to attempt them! 😉
Dose Of Colours matte liquid lipsticks, presentation:
What the model mentioned about them:
Our liquid lipstick is a velvety high-fashion matte end which envelops lips in a wealthy coloration.
Glides on easily and stays put all through the day.
The matte liquid lipsticks are essentially the most widespread Dose Of Colours merchandise and for good motive: the formulation is meant to be one of many best within the market and the colours developed by Anna, the founding father of the model are all the time tremendous stylish. You might even say that the model is a trend-setting one.
The colour Stone for instance, was out of inventory so quickly after its launch as a result of it’s precisely the kind of barely grayish nude rose that everyone desires on the second.
However personally, I remorse the dearth of alternative when it comes to colours, as a result of there are not so many obtainable. Nevertheless, you’ll be able to combine them collectively to get unique colours. One of these liquid formulation mixes tremendous simply in your lips!
Dose Of Colours matte liquid lipsticks, the colours:
The selection of colours is kind of sophisticated when you base your alternative on the colours proven within the Dose Of Colours web site.
No swatches, the images use a number of filters, I had to decide on fairly randomly… Too dangerous while you know that the model is especially bought on-line!
And their Instagram account is kind of related. All of the make-up appears to be like regrammed by Dose Of Colours who’re very heavy with the filters so it gives you an thought however clearly, it doesn’t assist that a lot!
– Stone: a rosy nude coloration with grey undertones. On me, it’s somewhat too chilly, so I often pair it with a peach lip liner to heat it up a bit! wink One other tip: I really like Stone and Truffle combined collectively for a extra flattering nude coloration given my pores and skin tone.
– Truffle: a light-weight peachy nude fairly heat. A bit bit too gentle for me, I’ve so as to add a darker lip liner to offer it some dimension or even higher, I combine it with Stone to have the proper nude shade for me! wink
– Brick: a really brownish pink that doesn’t present as pink in actual life because it does in my images. On my pics, it appears to be like like a darkish brick pink however in actuality, it’s far more brown and it’s fairly darkish. I’ve not but tried to combine it with one other liquid lipstick shade however what I love to do is apply a darkish pink pencil beneath (ColourPop Bichette is nice for that).
– Berry Me: my favourite. It’s a really vivid plum. Chic. The colour isn’t as darkish as you may suppose, and it offers a number of radiance to the face.
– Berry Me 2: a good looking purple pink, fairly vivid. My husband isn’t a fan of this shade however I adore it! It is a assertion coloration. This shade and a brilliant easy make-up, and also you’re good to go! wink
Dose Of Colours matte liquid lipsticks, my take a look at and ideas:
– Packaging: very elegant, it’s a plastic bottle with a beautiful frosted glass impact, tremendous stylish and smooth.
– Components: cruelty free, vegan, gluten and paraben free. Not dangerous, proper? 😉
– Texture: it is a quite fluid formulation, somewhat “foamy”, so it’s not runny on the lips and it stays in place fairly effectively (it doesn’t bleed in any respect). It doesn’t dry utterly and stays somewhat bit “sticky” on the lips. It’s not utterly non-transfer however shut.
– Fragrance: it’s fairly candy, but in addition very gentle. You barely scent it and the scent doesn’t actually final after the applying.
– Software: very straightforward due to the applicator which distributes the proper quantity of product. It’s exact and permits you to draw excellent contours. It’s also possible to simply reapply it all through the day, it layers very effectively.
– Feeling on the lips: quite comfy and it doesn’t dry the lips. However I wouldn’t say that it’s moisturizing, although. wink
– Pigmentation: Good pigmentation and good opacity for many of the formulation. The one one which upset me a bit is Berry Me 2. I needed to insist a bit to get an honest protection on my lips. However with 2 layers, the result’s fairly good. smile
– Lasting energy: Fairly good. It lasts a minimum of 6 hours, until you eat greasy meals. Nevertheless it’s waterproof and could be reapplied simply if the middle of the lips has been eliminated after a meal.
– Worth for cash: it’s not low-cost ($18) however the high quality is nice. I have to admit that I used to be glad I used to be capable of order with a -20% low cost! bigsmile
Lastly, listed below are the swatches:
And on me:
– Berry Me:
– Berry Me 2:
– Stone + Truffle combined collectively:
So, in abstract:
– the packaging is absolutely stunning
– good formulation general
– applies tremendous simply
– fairly and classy colours
– no drying impact
– an absence of alternative of colours
– sure colours will not be very “refined”
– the Berry formulation Me 2 is inferior to the others, the end could be fairly patchy on the lips
– the worth, not low-cost
– solely obtainable on-line
– the merchandise are sometimes out of inventory
I’m fairly happy with this formulation though I’d have favored a bit extra alternative within the coloration vary.
The shades are certainly all very stylish, however generally not tremendous straightforward to put on and so they might also be considerably missing in subtlety… Anyway, I think about that inside just a few months, this drawback will likely be solved with the addition of latest shades. In spite of everything, the model remains to be very younger, it ought to develop! wink
Dose Of Colours matte liquid lipsticks can be found on Dose Of Colours web site for $18.
And also you, have you ever tried Dose Of Colours matte liquid lipsticks? Any favourite? smile
Picture credit: bonnie-garner.com, Instagram