Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Soar to navigation
Soar to go looking
From earth + lore.
- (typically fantasy) Data, educating, research, or science of the earth.
- 2009, H.P. Lovecraft, The Horror within the Museum:
He even puzzled what would occur to him when the sages of Tsath thought of him drained dry of recent information; and in self-defence started to be extra gradual in his talks on earthlore, conveying every time he might the impression of huge information held in reserve.
- 2009, Peter F. Hamilton, The Bare God:
Luca pulled thoughtfully at his decrease lip. “You should not have been in a position to conceal from us earlier than. We’re conscious of the entire world.” “My individuals nonetheless have the earthlore your sort — each of you — have forgotten.
- 2011, Barbara Hambly, The Rainbow Abyss:
Right here Rhion learn and studied via the wet days of the marshlands winter and typically all through the evening: herb-lore and earth-lore and the deep magics of the moon and tides; the legends of the previous realm of Sligo, going again two thousand years; […]
- 2013, Herman Melville, Joseph Conrad, R. M. Ballantyne, Tales of the Sea: 25 Basic Nautical Journey Tales!:
- I’ll say that my comrade, the Physician, did a lot to make it so, along with his light enjoyable, and his large information of earth-lore.