I lastly determined to do my evaluate concerning the very well-known and extremely raved about Kat Von D Eternal Liquid Lipstick. Are they actually price all of the hype they get?
5 stuff you did not find out about Kat Von D
1. Her actual identify is Katherine Von Drachenberg.
2. She was born in Mexico from 2 Argentine mother and father. Her father has German origins and her mom has Italian Spanish and Mexican origins.
3. She created a music pageant, which can also be a tattoo conference in California: Musink.
4. The Eagles Of Loss of life Metallic’s track Excessive Voltage is about her.
5. Ludwig Van Beethoven is one among her favourite artists.
In France, Kat Von D is just not that well-known however in the US, UK, Australia, even the UAE, she’s a star.
Not solely is she some of the well-known tattoo artists on this planet, who tattooed tons of Hollywood celebrities. She has her personal salon in Los Angeles since 2007 and she’s additionally well-known because of her actuality TV present, LA Ink that confirmed her life in her salon with her staff of tattoo artists. It principally confirmed celebrities coming to get a tattoo.
Her TV present lasted till 2011 however within the meantime, Kat Von D created her personal make-up model, distributed in Sephora US and not too long ago on her web site.
To be sincere, not being notably eager about tattoos (I like them however on others, not on myself), earlier than she created her model make-up, I didn’t know her very properly.
She’s additionally typically related to the American rock scene, which is a kind of music that I often love however the Californian rock has by no means been my favourite (properly, aside from Queens Of The Stone Age and Eagles Of Loss of life Metallic).
So positively for me, her identify is primarily related along with her make-up line (for those who love tattoos, you in all probability hate me proper now lol)(it’s OK, I can completely perceive ;P ).
Since final 12 months, the model is distributed in Sephora Center East, so it’s a lot simpler for me to get the merchandise, together with the well-known Kat Von D Eternal Liquid Lipstick that many magnificence bloggers describe because the finest liquid lipstick’s components within the market.
I’ll be sincere, for me, they’re not (the very best). Even when I discover them fairly good, I’ve a number of causes to want different formulation to them…
Kat Von D Eternal Liquid Lipstick, presentation:
What the manufacturers says about them:
“THE life-proof lipstick that won’t put on off! Sure, you may eat, drink, make up, break up and mouth-off realizing your lips are gonna keep flawless by all of it!
In 28 to-die-for shades, this creamy components glides over lips like a gloss and units to a real matte end. Together with 24-hour put on and high-pigment coloration, the next-generation components is filled with pure moisturizers, together with Vitamin E and Sunflower Seed Wax. All-day put on has by no means felt so snug!
Dwell fortunately Eternal!
100% Cruelty Free Perpetually!“
It’s a excessive pigmentation liquid lipstick, with a totally matte end. The model speaks of a really long-lasting energy: 24h (???) (who retains their lipstick on for 24h?)(#definitelytoooldforthat) but in addition a real consolation on the lips because of the skincare substances within the components.
There are 28 colours within the vary and the unit worth is $20.
Kat Von D Eternal Liquid Lipstick, my take a look at and ideas:
– Packaging: fairly cool and authentic. It’s within the picture of Kat Von D, with this very Californian rock tattoo vibe, and a Latin inspiration with the calligraphic roses on the cap, cool tribute to the artist’s origins.
– Texture: creamy whereas being fairly liquid in the identical time. It applies simply, with out bleeding.
– End: it’s a totally matte end that dries tremendous rapidly after software, leaving a velvety impact on the lips. The components is switch and kiss-proof. wink
– Scent: they’ve bought a barely candy scent, however fairly delicate. I prefer it, it’s not overpowering.
– Pigmentation: wonderful, and likewise is the opacity on the lips. The colour is true to what you see within the tube and generally, they apply evenly on the lips. The one shade that gave me a little bit of hassle by way of software was Bauhau5, which is much less homogeneous than the others. However with two skinny layers, it was OK.
– Colour Vary: clearly, I don’t assume that I’m the goal of this lipstick vary. Other than some colours (that are mainly those I personal), I discover the colours of the vary very darkish and/or uninteresting on me. With my pores and skin tone (and let’s face it, my age), most weren’t very flattering. I want by far the shade vary of the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks for instance.
Nonetheless, I believe the colour vary is kind of fashionable and among the Kat Von D Eternal liquid lipstick shades are completely cult favourite colours (and at all times out of inventory): Lolita (which doesn’t go well with me in any respect however suits my little sister or my buddy LuAnne like a glove) or Bow N Arrow (I haven’t even tried it, that type of beige nude shade appears to be like like child poo on me :/).
– Utility: a bit laborious as a result of the applicator wand is tremendous lengthy and it doesn’t actually assist for the appliance… Nonetheless, the applicator is kind of good: small and exact, it distributes the correct quantity of product on the lips and might draw a fairly and sharp lip contour.
– Feeling on the lips: they dry utterly to change into utterly matte on the lips, they usually’re not cheesy in any respect like another thicker formulation, that you may “really feel” extra on the lips.
Consolation clever, I wouldn’t say that they’re drying, however they’re definitely not moisturizing regardless of the hydrating substances. These should not essentially the most drying liquid lipsticks I attempted (for now, this report continues to be shared between the ColourPop Extremely-Matte Lip and the MAC Retro Matte liquid lipsticks tongue ).
– Lasting Energy: common. They final 5-6 hours max on me they usually don’t resist a meal. It’s removed from the 24h promised by the model! Nonetheless, they fade fairly properly in the course of the day, with out crumbling or doing that terrible “butt-hole lips” impact, which is fairly cool.
– Worth For Cash: I discover that the components is just not dangerous however the coloration vary is just not actually for me. In the event you like these sorts of shades, I might say this can be a fairly respectable worth for cash. Their worth is $20.
Kat Von D Eternal Liquid Lipstick, the shades:
– Lolita: a cult favourite coloration, in all probability as a result of it’s a really Kylie Jenner type of shade, a 90’s pinkish mauvy brown. Sadly, on me it appears to be like very darkish, very brown and I can’t actually see the pink undertone… Fortunately, I bought the mini model, offered with the colour Lolita II which I like.
– Lolita II: a gorgeous gentle beige orange terracotta shade, which I by no means thought I’d love! Once I ordered the equipment of two mini lipstick, it was primarily to strive Lolita which was fairly disappointing on me. And in reality, I had an actual crush for Lolita II as a substitute! Proper now, that is one among my favourite liquid lipsticks shades and I put on it very often (no less than as soon as per week and with my enormous lipstick assortment, it’s so much bigsmile ).
– Lovesick: a gentle mauve pink. I anticipated it to be a bit extra nude, to inform you the reality. As a result of this type of coloration is slightly tough to put on for me: typically it goes very properly (often it’s once I pair with heat colours on my eyes to counterbalance), typically it doesn’t work and I appear like a zombie. If I take advantage of a nude pink pencil to heat it up (like MAC Boldly Naked for instance), it helps.
– Bachelorette: a chic pinky pink, with barely heat undertones. Sometimes the type of coloration I like in the intervening time and which is ideal to provide you life if you look
like shit exhausted.
– Bauhau5: it’s a gorgeous magenta pink with cool undertones. The proper spring shade! It’s tremendous luminous and it actually lights up the face.
– Outlaw: a gorgeous deep pink, with barely heat undertones. I believe I don’t want to speak extra about my dependancy to pink lipsticks. It’s usually the colour I select when I’ve zero inspiration for my make-up and which at all times works.
Lastly, listed below are the swatches:
And on me:
– Lolita II:
– the packaging is good and authentic
– the applicator is exact and might draw a fairly lip contour
– the end is completely mat
– good pigmentation and opacity on the lips
– they really feel light-weight on the lips
– not too drying (however not likely moisturizing)
– they fade fairly properly on the lips
– I am not loopy concerning the coloration vary, many look very darkish and/or uninteresting on me
– the wand could be very lengthy, which does not assist making use of the lipstick
– not likely lengthy lasting, they do not survive a meal
In abstract, I like the colours I personal and I discover that the components is fairly respectable (with out being the very best in the marketplace) however I’m a lot want the colours within the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick vary, or the ColourPop Extremely Satin Lip liquid lipsticks’ components for instance.
The Eternal Liquid Lipsticks can be found on Kat Von D web site and on Sephora.com for $20.
And also you, have you ever tried these Kat Von D Eternal Liquid Lipsticks? What are your ideas?
Picture credit score: bonnie-garner.com