Final up to date on December eighth, 2016
I respect good packaging in magnificence merchandise, so from the second I laid eyes on the Smith & Cult lip lacquer, I used to be in love. Because of an superior Black Friday magnificence sale at Saks, I used to be in a position so as to add extra Smith & Cult goodies to my make-up assortment.
On this submit
- Smith & Cult Lip Lacquers swatches and evaluate ⇢
- Smith & Cult Lip Stain (Candy Suite) swatches and evaluate ⇢
- Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer (Lovers Creep) swatches and evaluate ⇢
- Total ideas on the model and its make-up ⇢
Smith & Cult Lip Lacquers
I first found Smith & Cult in my September Popsugar Should Have Field, and I immediately really feel in love with its trendy but luxurious packaging. The metallic cap with its uneven edge is so distinctive – it’s like a sculptural piece proper on my self-importance!
The product itself is superb – very shiny, hydrating, and never sticky in any respect. Colour sensible they’re extra pigmented than lip glosses, however not as wealthy as typical lip lacquers except you go for the darker shades.
I’ve a complete of four shades proper now: Warning (a brilliant shimmery purple), Queen is Lifeless (a shimmery berry), Lovers (a medium bubblegum pink), and Now Kith (a lightweight mauve). How cheeky and enjoyable are these names? As you may see from the one swatch above, The Warning and Queen is Lifeless are extra pigmented, whereas Lovers and Now Kith present only a trace of shade.
Personally I actually love Now Kith for a nude look, and Queen is Lifeless for an on a regular basis look.
- Attractive packaging, excessive shine, no stickiness, vegan, paraben-free.
- Buy at
- Saks Fifth Avenue ($22), Web-a-Porter ($22)
Smith & Cult Lip Stain
This has the identical uneven edge cap present in throughout all Smith & Cult merchandise, besides this time your entire tube is metallic! The colour of the shade is definitely indicated by the colour of the emblem on the bottle. Significantly, I can’t get sufficient of their minimalistic design!
The shade I picked up is Candy Suite, which is described as a rosy pink. The feel of the lip stain feels silkier and extra hydrating in comparison with the lip lacquer. It truly jogs my memory a little bit of the YSL Oil in Teint Lip Stain which I like, however at a cheaper price level!
Colour and pigmentation is much like the Lip Lacquer in Lovers, however discover the way it smoothes out the strains on my lips! Total I favor the feel and end of the lip stains, so it’s a disgrace they solely have 2 shades proper now.
- All-metallic tube, silky easy texture, hydrating, blurring.
- Buy at
- Saks Fifth Avenue ($24), Web-a-Porter ($24)
Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer
Significantly, Smith & Cult make-up double as self-importance decor as a result of they’re simply so beautiful! Their nail polish isn’t any exception, and they’re 8-free, which means they’re formulated with out Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Xylene, Ethyl Tosylamide and Triphenyl Phosphate – aka all of the nasty stuff.
The comb is shorter than some other nail polishes I’ve tried, so it took a while getting used to. The feel of the polish is fascinating as effectively – it has this jelly like consistency which I discovered makes for a smoother and simpler software.
The colour I selected is Lover’s Creep, a wealthy burgundy that’s excellent for the autumn/winter. I like that you simply solely want one software to get an opaque protection, although you may undoubtedly layer on a second to get a deeper shade.
The end is shiny and easy, although I’d undoubtedly apply a prime coat in order for you the colours to final. I didn’t, and by day 2 my nails have been already chipped. I get the identical outcomes with Essie, OPI, and Debra Lippman if I don’t apply a prime coat as effectively, so I believe this can be associated to the bottom coat I’m utilizing…most likely must experiment extra on this, however let’s simply say Smith & Cult performs on par with my different polishes.
- 8-free, beautiful packaging, jelly-like consistency, simple software
- Buy at
- Saks Fifth Avenue ($18), Birchbox ($18), Web-a-Porter ($18)
- If packaging is a giant deal for you, you’ll undoubtedly respect the standard and design of Smith & Cult merchandise. They’ll add glam to any self-importance or dresser!
- Value sensible, Smith & Cult is extra reasonably priced than upscale manufacturers like YSL, Dior, or Chanel, however the high quality is comparable. So if you happen to’re in search of one thing nicer than drugstore make-up however aren’t able to splurge on excessive finish designer manufacturers, this can be a nice center floor.
- I like that the model doesn’t attempt to do all of it – they largely deal with nail polishes and lip merchandise, and so they’re fairly darn good at it. I can’t wait to see what new shades they launch sooner or later!
Total I’m so blissful I found Smith & Cult and will certainly add extra of their merchandise to my assortment sooner or later! Hope you loved this evaluate, and let me know if you happen to’ve ever tried Smith & Cult earlier than!