American multi-level advertising and marketing firm
SeneGence Worldwide, Inc. (often known as SGII, Inc.) is a privately owned American multi-level advertising and marketing (MLM) firm that sells skincare and make-up merchandise, together with the LipSense product line. The corporate was based in 1999 by Joni Rogers-Kante who’s the CEO and chair. The corporate is headquartered in Foothill Ranch, Lake Forest, California, with amenities in Sapulpa, Oklahoma.
SeneGence distributors (known as “SeneSisters”) work beneath a multi-level advertising and marketing system, with titles primarily based on gross sales numbers and rankings. Revenue is calculated and derived from product gross sales, and commissions on wholesale product purchases from recruited distributors. To qualify for incomes commissions, distributors are required to spend no less than $200 month-to-month.
An article in The Define in December 2017 raised considerations about SeneGence’s enterprise mannequin, the cost constructions for unbiased distributors and considerations round ‘front-loading’ (when distributors purchase doubtlessly non-refundable giant volumes of stock both in preparedness for buyer orders, or to fight product shortages). In line with The Define, SeneGence’s “sophisticated pay construction” might point out that the corporate is near being an unlawful pyramid scheme.
The Day by day Beast has stated that multi-level advertising and marketing distributors, together with these with SeneGence, have made extraordinarily aggressive and unsupportable gross sales claims.
In 2017, there have been widespread reviews of SeneGence distributors falsely claiming that LipSense had been designated as “the official lipstick of Broadway”. In line with Racked, the corporate has emailed distributors asking them to not make this declare, however has not challenged any distributors who ignore this request. Racked discovered no examples of any SeneGence cosmetics being utilized by Broadway productions.
SeneGence merchandise embody LipSense lip colour, lip gloss, and lip colour remover. In line with Romper, LipSense merchandise will not be secure to make use of throughout being pregnant or breastfeeding, as they include polyethylene glycol-related chemical compounds, and parabens.
Advertising and marketing
Movie star distributors have included actress Loretta Swit and Teen Mother 2 forged member Leah Messer. Messer obtained unfavourable suggestions on her instagram account concerning her use and promotion of LipSense merchandise on her younger daughters.
SeneGence sponsored Lauren Winans, a rustic musician from Buckhannon, West Virginia. and launched two new shades of LipSense — ‘Luv It’ and ‘Heartbreaker’ — named after Winans’ songs “You are Gonna Luv It”. and “Higher at Breaking”, respectively.
In line with Rogers-Kante (née Joni Rae Rogers), she established SeneGence after elevating funds by promoting a chemist’s long-wear lip colour product, ‘Ultralux’, which was later rebranded because the SeneGence product line LipSense.
The corporate was initially primarily based in Newport Seaside, California. In line with Rogers-Kante, the corporate earned $1.7 million in income from product gross sales in its first 12 months of operation and $3.eight million the next 12 months. New regional workplaces have been opened in Canada (Burnaby, BC) in November 2001 and Australia (Bundall, Queensland) in early 2003, and the corporate subsequently expanded to Indonesia, the UK, and Italy in 2011. In the UK, the merchandise are bought beneath the title ‘SheerSense’.
As of 2016, the corporate reported round 50,000 distributors.[unreliable source?] By 2018 they reported greater than 500,000 distributors. The merchandise have been reported as being bought by distributors in between 11 and 13 nations.
In 2016, SeneGence leased a 49,415 sq. foot property in Foothill Ranch.
In September 2016, SeneGence bought a number of properties in or close to Sapulpa, Oklahoma for a brand new company headquarters, warehouses, and workplace area. In October 2016 SeneGence broke floor on the brand new headquarters. The Kante household additionally bought adjoining historic properties for additional growth. The ability was anticipated to be completed within the second or third quarter of 2018.
As at January 2018, SeneGence employed round 70 folks in Sapulpa and Damaged Arrow.
In 2010, high-level SeneGence distributor Jeri Taylor-Swade was an energetic volunteer for the unsuccessful marketing campaign of Republican nominee Sharron Angle. On 21 January 2011, Angle supported SeneGence by being a particular visitor for a promotional night alongside Rogers-Kante and Taylor-Swade. Promoting for the occasion claimed that Angle would present how SeneGence merchandise helped her “look nice with 14-16 hour days and with quite a few appearances day by day” throughout the marketing campaign.
In March 2017, former Oklahoma state senator Ted Fisher, who was reportedly a long-term adviser to Rogers-Kante, was appointed as the corporate’s Financial Growth Officer on the Oklahoma workplace.
- Del Valle, Gaby (6 December 2017). “About that lipstick all of your Fb buddies are promoting…” The Define. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- Lorenz, Taylor (14 March 2018). “How Ladies Are Preventing the Entrepreneurs That Practically Ruined Them”. The Day by day Beast. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Perry, Richelle (30 August 2017). “There’s No Such Factor as ‘The Official Lipstick of Broadway‘“. Racked. Vox. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- Taylor, Anna; Lammers, Carlee (18 March 2017). “Fashionably awkward: A liquid lip colour that lasts all day”. TCA Regional Information.
- Patel, Ojus (19 November 2017). “Here is What You Want To Know About Attempting LipSense Whereas Breastfeeding”. Romper. Retrieved 2018-04-07.
- “Actress stint as beautician means ‘sizzling’ make-up ideas”. Kitsap Solar. four January 2003. p. A06.
- Massey, Dawne (20 February 2003). “Survival aided by ideas from Loretta and Ty”. St. Louise Put up-Dispatch. p. 6.
- “Leah Messer Places Lipstick on Her Daughters, Is Mercilessly Attacked by Mommy-Shamers”. In Contact Weekly. 2017-10-17. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- Fritzburgh (2012-10-16). “What’s Popping With Lauren Winans”. Pittsburgh Music Journal. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- Robinson, Amy (17 February 2013). “Singer/songwriter Lauren Winans hopes you are gonna ‘Luv’ her”. Sunday Gazette-Mail.
- Harvey, Alyssa (12 June 2014). “Singer hopes to someday turn out to be pop star, set to carry out at Harley-Davidson occasion”. Bowling Inexperienced Day by day Information. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- Rogers-Kante, Joni (2011). Million greenback lips: a journey into the hearts of ladies in enterprise. Irvine, California: Jerni Publishing. pp. 35–36. ISBN 9780615464831.
- Rogers-Kante, Joni (2011). Roney, Michael; Gibellino, Michelle (eds.). Million greenback lips: a journey into the hearts of ladies in enterprise. Irvine, California: Jerni Publishing. p. 40. ISBN 9780615464831.
- Rogers-Kante, Joni (2011). Roney, Michael; Gibellino, Michelle (eds.). Million greenback lips: a journey into the hearts of ladies in enterprise. Irvine, California: Jerni Publishing. p. 43. ISBN 9780615464831.
- Galacho, Olga (22 July 2003). “Get together time for a lipstick man”. Herald Solar (Melbourne). p. 28.
- “Essential elements: Provider information”. International Beauty Trade. 179 (3): 58. April 2011 – through EBSCOhost.
- “SeneGence Worldwide expands into UK.(Worldwide)”. Family & Private Merchandise Trade. 48 (6): 30. 1 June 2011 – through Factiva.
- “SeneGence Worldwide (model information)”. International Beauty Trade. 179 (9): 12. 1 November 2011 – through Factiva.
- “Worldwide Pores and skin Care Firm faucets Sapulpa for enormous enlargement”. Sapulpa Instances. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Hudson, Subrina (26 March 2018). “Making up a legacy: from cellular residence to cosmetics gross sales in 12 nations”. Orange County Enterprise Journal. 41 (13): 7 – through On-line OCBJ subscription.
- Morgan, Rhett (April 2018). “Re-establishing roots: Former Sapulpan comes residence to construct direct-sales cosmetics facility”. Tulsa World. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- Thompson, Leslie J. (2017). Rojas, Shelley (ed.). “There is not any place like residence”. Acclaim 2017–2018: 6 – through issuu.
- Yahn, Don (27 June 2016). “From orchard ranches to thriving industrial market”. Orange County Enterprise Journal. 39 (26): B–49 – through EBSCOhost.
- Diehl, Don (2016-09-19). “Worldwide Pores and skin Care Firm faucets Sapulpa for enormous enlargement”. Sapulpa Instances. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Morgan, Rhett (2 March 2017). “A whole bunch of jobs coming to cosmetics firm enlargement in Sapulpa”. Tulsa World. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Mejia, Hector (2016-10-08). “Main cosmetics firm makes transfer to Sapulpa”. KOKI. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Diehl, Don (2017-03-09). “Historic Buildings Bought, to be Restored by SeneGence”. Sapulpa Instances. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Hutchins, Ethan. “Metropolis leaders wanting ahead to future growth in downtown Sapulpa”. KTUL. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Farley, Meagan (12 September 2017). “SeneGence Founder Increasing Enterprise In Sapulpa”. Information on 6. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Morgan, Rhett (eight January 2018). “SeneGence enlargement into Sapulpa contains renovations of historic buildings”. Tulsa World. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- “A night of glamour with particular visitor Sharron Angle”. myemail.constantcontact.com. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Kamen, Al (2011-02-04). “Sharron Angle and the make-up of the citizens”. Washington Put up. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Petri, Alexandra (31 January 2011). “Sharron Angle + cosmetics: You may’t make this up!”. The Washington Put up: ComPost. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Emmert, J.M. (1 November 2017). “SeneGence Worldwide: A Whirlwind of Development”. Direct Promoting Information. Retrieved 1 Might 2018.